The SDG Problem SFI Future Innovator Prize 2021-Apply Right now! – Hub for Alternatives
sixth October 2021, 13:00 Dublin Native Time
Dr Darragh O’Neill, Problem Lead
The UN Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs) are a name to motion for all international locations, in partnership, to attain a greater and extra sustainable future for all. They handle the worldwide challenges we face, together with poverty, inequality, local weather change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
Reaching the SDGs lies on the coronary heart of Eire’s worldwide improvement coverage, A Higher World, in addition to being a part of SFI’s new technique, Shaping our Future, to ship tangible advantages for society. With these frequent targets, Irish Assist (Division of Overseas Affairs)are partnering with SFI to the launch the SDG Problem.
The SDG Problem seeks to help various, transdisciplinary groups to develop transformative, sustainable options that may contribute to addressing improvement challenges below the UN SDGs in international locations the place Irish Assist works.
What are the aims of the SDG Problem?
The overarching objective of the SDG Problem is to develop transformative, sustainable options that may contribute to addressing improvement challenges below the UN SDGs in Irish Assist’s accomplice international locations.
The aims of the SDG Problem are:
- To advertise sustainability and the vital function that STEM performs in addressing international sustainability points and the SDGs;
- To supply alternatives for Eire-based STEM-researchers to type various groups to determine key improvement challenges the place expertise can ship transformative affect with a deal with southern accomplice international locations;
- To allow the event of collaborations between researchers in Eire and researchers in accomplice international locations the place Irish Assist works;
- To help the event, deployment and demonstration of sustainable applied sciences throughout a vary of utility areas.
The SDG Problem will probably be run inside the challenge-funding framework of the SFI Future Innovator Prize Programme, whose particular aims are as follows:
- To help improvement of novel, probably disruptive, applied sciences to deal with vital nationwide and international challenges.
- To help the formation of high-performance interdisciplinary groups primarily based on integration of various STEM disciplines and complementary skillsets.
- To advertise convergence of data, observe and strategies from completely different disciplines and sectors.
- To advertise engagement between researchers and stakeholders/beneficiaries of analysis.
- To speed up societal affect from publicly funded analysis.
CLICK HERE to be a part of Campus way of life Updates Whatsapp Group (In case you are already in one in every of our WhatsApp teams, then there isn’t a want to affix)