Postdoctoral Analysis Affiliate in Transformation Initiatives
- Alternative to contribute to progressive analysis on venture management and venture administration
- Situated within the Faculty of Mission Administration and the John Grill Institute for Mission Management
- Full time, Stage A, fastened time period for two years, with risk of renewal, providing a base wage of $95K – $105K p.a., + 17% superannuation
In regards to the alternative
The Faculty of Mission Administration was established in 2020 to facilitate collaborative analysis excellence within the subject of venture research. Via our tutorial workers and college students, our analysis will intention to serve the general public as a thought-leader and supply insights to venture leaders and venture sponsors and enhance venture governance by working intently with trade, authorities and coverage.
We’re in search of a Postdoctoral Analysis Affiliate to hitch the staff within the John Grill Institute for Mission Management, which is situated throughout the Faculty, working throughout the college to develop a shared program of analysis and government schooling that permits higher understanding and follow of venture management.
On this position you’ll conduct empirical analysis to grasp the connection between main tasks and the governing boards of the organisations that ship them. The analysis will probably be carried out with the target of aiding senior venture managers in successfully participating with their boards and enabling boards to take a simpler position within the governance of main tasks. In conducting this analysis, you should have the chance to immediately have interaction with the managers of main tasks and the board members of main organisations.
Additionally, you will conduct empirical case research analysis into the processes that a number of organisations use to handle the merger and acquisition course of as a venture. This analysis will contribute to the extension of venture administration into a brand new software area, as mergers and acquisitions, though bearing most of the primary traits of tasks, are not often conceptualized this fashion.
The College values braveness and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and variety; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the significance of recruiting expertise aligned to those values and are in search of a Postdoctoral Affiliate in Transformation Initiatives who demonstrates:
- a PhD in a related subject particularly venture administration, governance, group research, or a associated self-discipline with a powerful monitor file (relative to alternatives) in analysis, together with a physique of labor revealed in peer reviewed journals and conferences. Candidates who’ve submitted their PhD for examination or will achieve this within the rapid future might be thought-about
- expertise in analysing qualitative knowledge utilizing case research, grounded principle, thematic evaluation, or comparable approaches to code subject knowledge from a number of sources;
- means to conduct analysis in a senior company and board stage in written and verbal codecs, and to maintain relationships to have interaction in analysis with them;
- capabilities in working each independently and as a part of a staff of researchers, to determine alternatives, and to contribute and result in the event of papers for publication.
- excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication abilities and the flexibility to conduct prime quality analysis with growing independence and to current that work in an enticing means.
Fascinating standards – you could have (or be prepared to be taught):
- means to jot down analysis proposals, and to steer analysis papers
- data of analysis on venture research and innovation administration, significantly current work on multi-level theorizing by way of ideas comparable to ecologies and ecosystems
- data of labor on venture management and governance can also be a bonus.
To use for this position, please deal with the under statements in a canopy letter that you just connect to your software. Please additionally present two names of referees in assist of your software.
1. Capability to conduct excessive stage analysis in a senior company setting (board stage) and to work on venture governance;
2. Prior expertise of conducting qualitative analysis, e.g. of analysing qualitative knowledge from the sector.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all position required pre-employment or background checks in phrases passable to the College. Equally your ongoing employment is conditional upon the passable upkeep of all related clearances and background verify necessities. If you don’t meet these circumstances, the College might take any crucial step, together with the termination of your employment.
Please notice: Visa sponsorship is simply obtainable for this place for candidates who’re at present situated inside Australia.
Deadline: 11:30pm 13 September 2021
Functions (together with a canopy letter, CV and any extra supporting documentation) might be submitted through the Apply button on the high of the web page.
In case you are a present worker of the College and wish to submit an software, please login into your Workday account.
Navigate to the Profession icon in your Dashboard as soon as logged into Workday and click on on the USYD Discover Jobs report to use.
For a confidential dialogue concerning the position, or in case you require affordable adjustment or assist filling out this software, please contact Rebecca Astar or Linden Joseph, Recruitment Consultants, Human Assets at email@example.com
The College of Sydney is dedicated to variety and social inclusion. Functions from individuals of culturally and linguistically various backgrounds; fairness goal teams together with girls, individuals with disabilities, individuals who determine as LGBTIQ; and folks of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are inspired.
© The College of Sydney
The College reserves the best to not proceed with any appointment.
Click on to view the Place Description for
Closing Date: 13 September 2021