Postdoctoral place in most cancers microbiome analysis
The College of Luxembourg aspires to be one in all Europe’s most extremely regarded universities with a distinctly worldwide and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of analysis and instructing, is related to its nation, is thought worldwide for its analysis and instructing in focused areas, and is establishing itself as an progressive mannequin for up to date European Greater Training.
The School of Science, Know-how and Medication (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary experience within the fields of Arithmetic, Physics, Engineering, Pc Science, Life Sciences and Medication. By means of its twin mission of instructing and analysis, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate information and practice new generations of accountable residents, in an effort to higher perceive, clarify and advance society and atmosphere we reside in.
The Molecular Illness Mechanisms (MDM) group on the College of Luxembourg (UL) goals at understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying continual irritation and colorectal most cancers improvement. We’re notably eager about understanding the position of the microbiome in CRC initiation and development, a discipline that’s quickly gaining momentum. Particularly, microbiome-derived metabolites have been urged to take part in tumor development and metastasis dissemination. Moreover, exterior components corresponding to dietary habits and life-style have been proven to affect the bacterias within the intestine.
Within the MDM group, we’re utilizing state-of-the-art in vitro techniques (intestinal organoids) in addition to in vivo CRC fashions (together with gnotobiotic fashions) to handle the vital query of the position of microbiome-host interplay in CRC in addition to perceive if and the way dietary regimens impression CRC. We’re searching for a extremely motivated Postdoctoral researcher to affix our staff. She/he ought to have a robust background in microbiology. Experience in animal experimentation is required.
Hyperlink to the challenge MICROH_CRC: Investigating the position of the microbiome in colorectal most cancers:
- will independently develop and drive his/her challenge
- will conduct and interpret analysis experiments
- will repeatedly report and focus on the outcomes
- will work in a staff and assist steerage to PhD candidates
- can have the chance to be concerned in numerous tasks presently working within the group
- will be capable to kind worthwhile nationwide and worldwide collaborations
- can have the chance to develop instructing abilities by contributing to instructing in his/her space of experience
What we anticipate from you…
- PhD in Microbiology or Molecular and Mobile Biology
- Expertise in molecular biology, microbiome and tumor metabolism
- Language abilities (Wonderful command of English)
- Sturdy background in microbiome-host interplay, particular curiosity in most cancers metabolism and epigenetics
- Autonomous and extremely motivated
- Very worldwide group and atmosphere
- Alternative to work inside a staff of 13 individuals together with Grasp and PhD college students, PostDoc and analysis scientists.
- UL affords a aggressive wage
- Contract Sort: Mounted Time period Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen beginning date: November 2021
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04244
How you can apply…
Functions ought to embody:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cowl letter
Early utility is very inspired, because the functions might be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally via the HR system. Functions by electronic mail is not going to be thought-about.
The College of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and variety as key values. We’re absolutely dedicated to eradicating any discriminatory barrier associated to gender, and never solely, in recruitment and profession development of our workers.
In return you’ll get…
- Multilingual and worldwide character. Trendy establishment with a private ambiance. Employees coming from 90 nations. Member of the “College of the Larger Area” (UniGR).
- A contemporary and dynamic college. Excessive-quality gear. Shut ties to the enterprise world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A singular city website with glorious infrastructure.
- A accomplice for societyand business. Cooperation with European establishments, progressive corporations, the Monetary Centre and with quite a few non-academic companions corresponding to ministries, native governments, associations, NGOs …