PhD Place – Generic metadata administration for reproducible high-performance-computing simulation workflows
The profitable candidate will contribute to the mission by designing, implementing, and evaluating a metadata administration framework for a Computational Neuroscience use case. This contains:
- Assessment of present approaches and instruments
- Requirement specification
- Conceptual design blueprint of implementation
- Proof-of-concept utility to Computational Neuroscience
- Improvement of neuronal community fashions addressing Neuroscience questions
- Simulations of neuronal networks utilizing HPC infrastructure
- Presentation and publication of the outcomes
- Shut interplay with staff members and collaborators from INM-6, the Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) and the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Analysis – UFZ
- Change and networking inside nationwide (NFDI) and worldwide (RDA, EOSC) initiatives and inside the funding incubator platform HMC
- Accomplished research (Diploma/Grasp) in Physics, Pc Science, Computational Neuroscience or a associated area
- Stable programming abilities ideally in Python and/or C++; expertise with Python libraries (e.g., NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and pandas) is helpful
- Expertise with software program growth (e.g., model management with Git) and knowledge group (e.g., knowledge bases with SQL and MySQL) is preferable
- Information of related metadata requirements and semantic methods are helpful
- Expertise with modeling, simulation, and evaluation of advanced techniques
- Eager curiosity in cognitive and techniques neuroscience
- Curiosity in interdisciplinary tasks
- Curiosity in collaborative work and good communication abilities
- Good command of English
We work on the very newest points that impression our society and are providing you the possibility to actively assist in shaping the change! We provide supreme circumstances so that you can full your doctoral diploma:
- A extremely motivated working group in addition to a global and interdisciplinary working atmosphere at one in all Europe’s largest analysis institutions
- Excellent scientific and technical infrastructure
- Alternative to take part in (worldwide) conferences and mission conferences
- Steady scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Versatile working hours and 30 days of annual go away
- Additional growth of your private strengths, e.g. via an intensive vary of coaching programs; a structured program of continuous schooling and networking alternatives particularly for doctoral researchers through JuDocS, the Jülich Heart for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/judocs
- Focused providers for worldwide workers, e.g. via our Worldwide Advisory Service
The place is initially for a set time period of three Jahre years. Pay in keeping with 65 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Settlement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and moreover 60 % of a month-to-month wage as particular fee („Christmas bonus“). Additional data on doctoral levels at Forschungszentrum Jülich together with our different areas is on the market at: www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal alternatives and variety in its employment relations.
We additionally welcome functions from disabled individuals.
We look ahead to receiving your utility till 15.09.2021 through our
Questions concerning the emptiness?
Get in contact with us through the use of our contact type.
Please notice that for technical causes we can’t settle for functions through e mail.