PhD in useful morphology and biomechanics of vegetation
The Hesse Lab is headquartered within the Botanical Backyard of the College of Freiburg and is a part of Professor Thomas Speck’s Plant Biomechanics Group, offering a gorgeous working surroundings for analysis in useful morphology, biomechanics and bionics in vegetation.
- Help and complement the analysis of the group within the analysis areas of useful morphology, static/dynamic imaging, magnetic resonance imaging, and biomechanics of monocotyledons.
- Scientific qualification (PhD) within the topic space “MRI primarily based evaluation of useful morphology of monocotyledons”. Along with classical histological evaluation strategies, fashionable 3D imaging strategies similar to computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging will probably be used.
- Accomplished grasp’s or graduate diploma in biology.
- Data of botany (anatomy/morphology, evaluation strategies) and information evaluation. Particular data in biomechanics and 3D imaging isn’t necessary however useful.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. German language expertise are useful, however can be acquired on website.
- An inspiring interdisciplinary working surroundings with inventive freedom. As a result of linkage of the AG Hesse with the Plant Biomechanics Group of Professor Thomas Speck, thrilling insights into numerous analysis matters on the frontiers of useful morphology and bionics are supplied.
- You can be a part of a gaggle of PhD college students of various progress and profit from their subject studies.
- You can be a part of an interdisciplinary analysis undertaking with the College Hospital of Freiburg.
- Entry to superior coaching alternatives for PhD college students on the College of Freiburg.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular kind
- Letter of motivation
The place is initially restricted to three years. It’s a part-time place (65%) inside the framework of a DFG-funded analysis undertaking.
The wage will probably be decided in accordance with TV-L E13.
We’re notably happy to obtain functions from girls for the place marketed right here.
Please ship your software together with supporting paperwork talked about above citing the reference quantity 00001777, by 01.10.2021 on the newest. Please ship your software to the next tackle in written or digital kind:
Plant Biomechanics Group
Dr. Linnea Hesse
79104 Freiburg im Breisgau