Netflix and UNESCO Brief movie competitors throughout Sub-Saharan Africa 2022 – Hub for Alternatives
Apply now to take part within the Netflix and UNESCO quick movie competitors!!!
We imagine that an awesome story can come from anyplace, and be liked in all places. Africa has a wealthy heritage of storytelling and a younger inhabitants that is able to step up and inform Africa’s tales, in all their multiplicity. We’re excited by the contemporary new voices which might be prepared to inform the tales they have been instructed by prior generations, to the world. Netflix has partnered with UNESCO to launch a brief movie competitors, “African Folktales, Reimagined,” to seek out the bravest, wittiest, and most shocking retellings of a few of Africa’s most-loved folktales. We are able to’t wait to see what you’ve bought.
Folktales have at all times performed an necessary position within the heritage of a tradition, passing down values, data, and customs from one technology to the following. Data that builds communities, nations and unites the world in shared understanding and expertise. We imagine Africa’s wealthy historical past of storytelling, from common tales to hyper-local fables, offers a fertile floor for inventive retelling. This is a chance to reimagine the relevance of those tales to our modern society and prolong them to the world stage on-screen: a celebration of Africa’s profoundly different tradition, folklore, and heritage. This competitors invitations submissions from rising filmmakers throughout Sub-Saharan Africa on the theme of “African Folktales, Reimagined”.
The Netflix and UNESCO Brief movie competitors is open to people in search of to enterprise into characteristic movie growth and manufacturing. Candidates should have a minimal of two years and a most of 5 years of demonstrable skilled expertise within the audio-visual trade. Candidates should have developed and produced 1 to 2 theatrical characteristic movies, tv fiction, documentaries, or 2-3 quick movies and/or commercials.
Do you’ve a story to share with the world? If our name has set your creativeness alight, chances are you’ll be one of many closing six storytellers chosen to inform the tales you have been instructed, to the world, on-screen. We’re calling upon budding filmmakers to share their reimagined African folktale idea for a brief movie that celebrates the dynamism of African cultures. All genres welcome! Take a look at this transient as inventive ignition — see the place the theme takes you. You’ll submit an idea synopsis that ought to give us a transparent concept of your inventive imaginative and prescient and creative angle.
Be part of the brand new technology that shares Africa’s dazzling folktales — and simply remember to put your personal contemporary twist on it. Shortlisted finalists may have the chance to participate in “The way to Pitch to Netflix” workshops. These gives you the prospect to organize, polish, and current your movie ideas with the assistance of trade consultants. The Netflix and UNESCO judging committee will then mentor six winners to develop a 12 to 20-minute quick movie. The ultimate 6 storytellers will every win $25,000; every of them may also obtain a manufacturing funds of as much as $75,000 to create their quick movie. The gathering of successful movies shall be launched on Netflix in 2022 as an “Anthology of African Folktales, Reimagined.”
The way to apply to the Netflix and UNESCO quick movie competitors!!!
- Purposes of the Netflix and UNESCO Brief movie competitors will open from October 14th, 2021 by way of the official web site. They may shut on November 14th, 2021 at 11:59 PM (GMT).
- Submit synopsis: You will have to submit a synopsis of your idea (not more than 500 phrases) in a Artistic Assertion in addition to a hyperlink to a current CV and a portfolio of any previous audiovisual work you’ve produced.
- The shortlist: We’ll announce our high 20 finalists in January who will then be invited to a “The way to Pitch to Netflix” workshop.
- The finalists: Our closing 6 winners shall be chosen by an unbiased judging panel guided by Netflix and UNESCO.
- You’re underneath 35 years previous
- You’re a citizen and resident of a Sub-Saharan African nation
- You’re a filmmaker with restricted expertise, however have developed and produced 1- to 2 theatrical characteristic movies, tv fiction, documentaries, or 2-3 quick movies and/or commercials in search of to enterprise into characteristic movie growth and manufacturing
If you happen to’re eligible for this competitors then let’s get began. Create an account to start out your utility. You’ll obtain an e-mail with a hyperlink to your utility for those who don’t full it multi functional go. Good luck!