Joint PhD place Single-Cell Regulatory Genomics in Utrecht & Leuven
The Laboratory of Computational Biology on the College of Leuven (Belgium) and the Quantitative Biology group on the College of Utrecht and Hubrecht Institute (Netherlands) are searching for a extremely motivated PhD scholar desirous about single-cell biology and computational modelling.
Your purpose might be to develop new single-cell assays and/or computational methods to mannequin genomic regulatory packages, utilizing quite a lot of single-cell epigenomics and transcriptomics information units. In complete, you’ll spend two years in Leuven on the Aerts lab, specializing in droplet microfluidics and dynamic gene regulatory networks, and two years on the van Oudenaarden lab, specializing in novel single-cell sequencing applied sciences. Throughout your keep in Leuven additionally, you will collaborate with the Thienpont lab of practical epigenomics. Relying in your curiosity, you may mix wet-lab and dry-lab experiments, or focus totally on computational and machine-learning challenges. You possibly can work on a spread of mannequin methods, together with Drosophila, zebrafish, mouse, ES cells, and human gastruloids and organoids.
- MSc diploma in Physics, Pc Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering, or Life Sciences.
- Expertise with programming is required.
- Expertise with machine-learning is a plus.
- Expertise with wet-lab experiments is a plus.
- You wish to work in a workforce, you’re enthusiastic about science.
- A completely funded 4 12 months PhD fellowship
- Two stimulating worldwide analysis environments at KU Leuven and Utrecht College
- Relying in your curiosity, you can begin in Leuven or in Utrecht, you may change both on a yearly or two-yearly foundation between the labs.
- You’ll obtain a double PhD diploma from the Leuven and Utrecht Universities
- Each our labs have entry to state-of-the-art single-cell genomics and computational infrastructure
- You possibly can study new cutting-edge and pioneering methods and computational strategies
Beginning date: October 2021
How one can apply?
Please full the net utility process and embrace an in depth CV, a motivation letter describing earlier analysis expertise and the names and make contact with data of two references.
For extra data: contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Go to our web sites: www.aertslab.org and https://www.hubrecht.eu/research-groups/van-oudenaarden-group