Progressive coaching for mid-career professionals from Germany and Africa – Hub for Alternatives
The BMZ African-German Management Academy is an revolutionary coaching and dialogue programme that brings collectively early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African accomplice nations specifically, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo. The programme goals to develop management abilities and allow joint information creation and peer studying wanted for sustainable growth, in accordance with the targets of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Improvement. The programme is organised and hosted by the German Improvement Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Financial Cooperation and Improvement (BMZ).
The format of the dialogue and coaching programme sees 25 contributors from authorities establishments, assume tanks and analysis establishments, civil society and the personal sector. All of them deliver collectively their expertise of and experience in working within the space of sustainable growth. Participation within the programme additionally facilitates networking alternatives with German and European stakeholders from numerous sectors and with representatives from African establishments.
Purposes for the 2022 Academy at the moment are open!
Deadline for software: 26 November 2021
Format and Content material
The BMZ African-German Management Academy is grounded on three important components that contribute to capability growth: information, management and motion.
- Data aspect presents contributors the house to trade information and collectively be taught concerning the themes of governance and sustainability, on each a world and native stage. In our educational modules, contributors strengthen their analytical capabilities via engagement with completely different ideas and the direct interplay with numerous scientific and practice-oriented stakeholders. This contains encounters in discussions, workshops and site-visits to chose establishments. A research journey to Brussels supplies first-hand sensible insights into policy-making.
- Management modules deal with growing particular person and collective competencies, together with strengthening dialogue abilities, drawback fixing, exchanging views, teamwork, reflecting on one’s values, and constructing sturdy and trustful relationships, which may even profit the contributors’ dwelling establishments. Particular person teaching for contributors additional enhances the management modules.
- Motion elements are an open, artistic and revolutionary studying house by which contributors put their information and abilities into apply. Working independently in small teams, contributors develop a hands-on answer and prototype for a self-selected problem by following the design pondering methodology.
The programme makes use of a spread of coaching strategies used to domesticate studying, reminiscent of facilitated periods, workshops, open house and bar camp codecs, displays, dialogue, excursions, skilled interviews and role-play. The African Academy works beneath the premise that information acquisition isn’t passive, however requires open and lively engagement by the learners. By collaborative peer studying, contributors profit from an trade of views, hone their crucial pondering abilities and develop shared values. Individuals and their dwelling establishments will kind a part of a community and collectively interact in information cooperation. Community actions are pushed by the community members themselves, and may embrace collaborative organisation and internet hosting of high-level coverage dialogues, joint publications, or different codecs.
BMZ African-German Management Academy 2022
The 2022 version of the BMZ African-German Management Academy will happen from April to June. The complete schedule contains a 10-week in-person part in Germany – spent in Bonn and Berlin – preceded by a two- week part-time on-line preparatory part. The joint work is followed-up in on-line exchanges
The BMZ African-German Management Academy is geared toward early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African accomplice nations: Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo.
Potential contributors of the BMZ African-German Management Academy ought to:
- be a nationwide or everlasting resident of one of many taking part nations
- be 25 – 40 years previous*
- work on points related for sustainable growth and governance
- have at the least three years’ work expertise (non-remunerated expertise can also be recognised)
- have the assist of their employer (written assist required as a part of software)
- have an excellent command of the English language (equal to B2 stage of the CEFR)
- be respectful of different cultures
- be open to teamwork, reflection and a broad number of working strategies
*older candidates, who’ve taken longer intervals of parental go away, could also be thought of.
To use to develop into a participant, you have to to submit the next paperwork in pdf format, by way of the applying portal:
Please be certain to learn the Situations for Participation earlier than you apply. Solely full functions can be thought of.
Please submit your full software by way of the software portal.
Deadline for software: 26 November 2021
For full details about the upcoming BMZ African-German Management Academy 2022 please consult with the brochure.
For any questions regarding the software course of, please contact: Julia Osada
APPLY HERE FOR OTHER INNOVATION WORKSHOPS