ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAMME (EEP) 2021 to empower African youth – Hub for Alternatives
The Worldwide Help Community for African Improvement (ISNAD-Africa) is a UNEP-accredited non-governmental organisation that’s dedicated to elevating international and multi-stakeholder assist for inexperienced progress in Africa. ISNAD-Africa operates a community of greater than 1,500 inexperienced progress professionals, researchers, youths, college students and fans from over 100 international locations throughout the globe. In view of offering hands-on environmental training among the many youth throughout African international locations, ISNAD-Africa is implementing the Environmental Training Programme.
The Environmental Training Programme (EEP) employs a co-creation method to empower African youth to leverage the excessive enthusiasm, expertise savvy, resilience, and exploratory spirit of the youth in conceptualising and implementing modern native environmental options in Africa. Via the programme, ISNAD-Africa empowers secondary faculty college students in African nations:
- to establish environmental challenges and desires of their locality to allow inexperienced progress.
- develop options to the recognized issues and desires via crucial considering and the appliance of beforehand acquired data from topics in secondary faculty, acquire hands-on expertise in implementing their concepts, as hands-on initiatives, supported via mentorship by worldwide specialists, peer studying via group initiatives,
- share their initiatives with secondary faculty college students, specialists from throughout the globe, partnering organizations amongst different stakeholders throughout the globe, and
- provoke and run student-led environmental sustainability golf equipment, “EcoHeroes”
The environmental training programme seeks to offer youth with motion competencies that may allow them to develop capability and long-term dedication to sustainability for on a regular basis life, profession engagement or voluntary service as environmentalists or influencers for the setting on the native and worldwide ranges.
The 2021 version of the environmental training programme builds on the profitable pilot case implementation of the programme in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Cameroon, and Uganda in 2018, 2019 and 2020/2021. With funding assist from Laila Johansson och Björn Bergströms scholarship from WWF Sweden, every chosen scholar staff will likely be awarded a grant of as much as USD 500 to implement their initiatives. Please, notice that inside this funding, solely challenge concepts linked to nature conservation will likely be thought-about
- Every secondary faculty will likely be represented by a staff comprising of not less than 5 (5) college students and a coordinating instructor (extra college students and academics are allowed relying on the character of their challenge). Organisations who work immediately with secondary faculty college students might also apply.
- Every staff is anticipated to establish environmental challenges and desires which are linked to nature conservation of their communities protecting water shortage, renewable power and safety of biodiversity, marine life, freshwater life, wildlife conservation, threatened ecosystem and suggest an thought of how they may handle the problem or meet the necessity. Solely modern initiatives that’s linked to nature conservation will likely be thought-about. Please learn our weblog about nature conservation with various examples of nature conservation initiatives carried out by secondary colleges across the globe to realize inspiration to your challenge concepts. (We advocate this that you just learn the weblog earlier than finishing the appliance to make sure your challenge thought is said to nature conservation).
- On the completion of the challenge, every staff will likely be required to share the end result of their challenge on an area outreach which may very well be to different college students of their colleges, individuals of their native communities amongst others.
- The chosen colleges will likely be required to sustaining every staff as a membership, “EcoHeroes” which may admit extra college students to maintain the challenge and proceed to have interaction on environmental sustainability in the long run.
- A plan of actions for operation of the membership, “EcoHeroes”, after the completion of the challenge funded inside the EEP2021/2022. The plan ought to cowl not less than three months. That is essential because the sustainability of the golf equipment is a serious goal of the programme. Please notice that there isn’t a format for the plan of actions, nevertheless, it ought to clear and comprehensible on how the membership will likely be operated after the completion of the initiatives inside the EEP2021/2022. The actions could be zero price initiatives reminiscent of debates, quizzes, video games, outreaches, and many others.
Whereas ISNAD-Africa won’t be liable for the operation and finance of the golf equipment, we are going to present technical assist, month-to-month/quarterly conferences, in addition to share potential alternatives with the golf equipment.
Every chosen staff will obtain;
- Help from worldwide and native specialists as technical advisors to refine and assist with the implementation of the challenge via high quality mentorship and advisory.
- Capability growth via crucial considering, hands-on challenge implementation, on-line webinar presentation and coaching
- As much as USD 500 funding for the implementation of your challenge thought for all chosen groups.The concepts will likely be modern initiatives that join nature conservation with different themes of growth and livelihood together with outside actions are strongly inspired. Please, notice that the implementation of the initiatives ought to be between 3-6 months
- Certificates of participation
- Alternative to share their initiatives with different secondary faculty college students throughout the globe
- Leverage on the worldwide visibility and publicity of ISNAD-Africa, and World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF)
- On the completion of the initiatives, financial awards will likely be awarded to the three “EcoHeroes” Golf equipment with essentially the most modern and impactful to assist the operation of their membership after the completion of their initiatives sponsored inside EEP.
Utility Process for the environmental training programme
- Certified and groups are invited to finish the web utility.
- Letter of assist: A letter from the college’s administration expressing its assist for varsity’s staff participation within the programme, and the dedication of the college to the operation and sustainability of the membership, “EcoHeroes” after the completion of challenge funded inside EEP. The letter must also point out that the college has/will present electrical energy entry and web entry in addition to a projector and digicam for high quality and quick video recordings.
Deadline for purposes: Friday, Oct 15, 2021 (11:59HRS GMT+1)