Doctoral scholar in Physics with give attention to Atomic and Laser Physics
Lund College was based in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the many world’s prime 100 universities. The College has round 44 000 college students and greater than 8 000 employees primarily based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We’re united in our efforts to grasp, clarify and enhance our world and the human situation.
LTH kinds the College of Engineering at Lund College, with roughly 9 000 college students. The analysis carried out at LTH is of a excessive worldwide normal and we’re repeatedly growing our educating strategies and adapting our programs to present wants.
The Division of Physics is with a employees of about 350 scientists and educators one of many largest departments inside Lund College. There are seven analysis divisions and numerous analysis centra throughout the division. The analysis actions on the division cowl a broad spectrum of contemporary physics. www.fysik.lu.se/english.
The analysis on the Division of Atomic Physics is centered on completely different purposes of optics and lasers, together with atomic and molecular physics with ultrashort mild pulses, high-intensity laser-plasma physics, quantum data, and biophotonics. The Division operates the Excessive-Energy Laser Facility, together with a number of superior femtosecond laser techniques. It’s a central a part of a serious interdisciplinary analysis surroundings throughout the Lund College, the Lund Laser Centre, LLC. The division can be closely concerned in undergraduate training, particularly throughout the “Photonics programme”. On the Excessive-Energy Laser Facility, analysis is carried out on the era and utility of extraordinarily quick mild pulses, within the attosecond and excessive ultraviolet vary. The actions span from ultrafast laser know-how and excessive nonlinear optics to research of the electron dynamics in atoms and molecules in addition to extra advanced techniques utilizing attosecond mild pulses.
Work duties and mission
We suggest 4 completely different initiatives:
- Attosecond electron wave packets. The mission consists of learning the quantum state of electron wavepackets generated by absorption of attosecond mild pulses. This consists of the event of strategies for measurements of the wavepacket coherence properties. The mission incorporates concept and experiments on the attosecond laboratory.
- Electron pair entanglement. The mission consists of making an entangled electron pair by way of double ionization of an atom and of characterizing it. The mission is especially experimental utilizing a excessive repetition price attosecond pulse supply and three-dimensional photoelectron spectroscopy.
- Laser growth and purposes. The purpose is to proceed the event of a short-pulse laser system within the infrared vary (1.8 mm) and to discover purposes, particularly the era of attosecond pulses with excessive photon vitality.
- Intense attosecond pulses within the excessive ultraviolet vary. The mission consists of the event, optimisation and characterization of a laser-driven supply of intense attosecond pulses along with research of ultrafast dynamics in atoms, molecules or plasmas with these pulses.
The principle duties of doctoral college students are to commit themselves to their analysis research, which incorporates collaborating in analysis initiatives and third cycle programs. The work duties may also embody educating and different departmental duties (not more than 20%).
An individual meets the overall admission necessities for third-cycle programs and examine programmes if she or he:
- has been awarded a second-cycle qualification, or
- has happy the necessities for programs comprising at the very least 240 credit of which at the very least 60 credit have been awarded within the second cycle, or
- has acquired considerably equal information in another means in Sweden or overseas.
An individual meets the particular admission necessities for third-cycle research in Physics if she or he has:
- at the very least 30 second-cycle credit of relevance to the topic, of which at the very least 15 credit shall comprise a second-cycle diploma mission, or
- an MSc in engineering physics or an related area, or a Grasp’s diploma in physics or an related area.
- Superb oral and written proficiency in English.
- The coed ought to have a background inside optics and photonics and/or atomic physics and quantum mechanics.
Choice to postgraduate research relies on the anticipated means to carry out properly within the research. The analysis of the power to carry out properly relies totally on the outcomes of research on the fundamental and superior ranges, particularly:
- Information and abilities related to the thesis mission and the topic of the examine.
- An evaluation of means to work independently and to formulate and deal with analysis issues.
- Written and oral communication abilities
- Different expertise related to postgraduate research, resembling skilled expertise.
Different evaluation standards
- Expertise with one of many following topics: femtosecond lasers, high-order harmonic era or photoelectron spectroscopy, is a advantage.
Consideration may also be given to good collaborative abilities, drive and independence, and the way the applicant, by means of his or her expertise and abilities, is deemed to have the talents mandatory for efficiently finishing the third cycle programme.
Phrases of employment
Solely these admitted to 3rd cycle research could also be appointed to a doctoral studentship. Third cycle research at LTH encompass full-time research for 4 years. A doctoral studentship is a fixed-term employment of a most of 5 years (together with 20% departmental duties). Doctoral studentships are regulated within the Increased Schooling Ordinance (1993:100), chapter 5, 1-7 §§.
Directions on methods to apply
Functions shall be written in English and embody a canopy letter stating the explanation why you have an interest within the place and in what means the analysis mission corresponds to your pursuits and academic background. The appliance should additionally comprise a CV, diploma certificates or equal, and different paperwork you want to be thought-about (grade transcripts, contact data on your references, letters of advice, and so forth.).
The English model of this announcement is an interpretation of nationwide formalities expressed within the Swedish textual content. In case of uncertainties, the Swedish textual content applies.
Lund College welcomes candidates with numerous backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and variety as a energy and an asset. We kindly decline all gross sales and advertising contacts.
To use, please click on the button “Login and apply”
|Sort of employment||Momentary place longer than 6 months|
|First day of employment||As quickly as potential|
|Variety of positions||1|
|Contact||Professor Anne L’Huillier, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Union consultant||OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-222 93 66|
|Final utility date||30.Sep.2021 11:59 PM CEST|