Affiliate Professor in Social interventions and insurance policies in a transnational perspective
The College of Luxembourg is a world-class analysis college. It strives for excellence in each elementary and utilized analysis, and in training. It drives innovation for society, has a excessive proportion of graduate college students, and intertwines analysis, educating and societal affect.
The College of Luxembourg has the profile of a analysis college with a robust exercise in analysis, a excessive proportion of doctoral candidates and success in internationally aggressive third-party funding, mixed with wonderful research-driven educating all through the College. The College has three missions: analysis, greater training and contribution to the social, cultural and financial improvement of the nation.
The School of Humanities, Training and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings collectively experience from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and academic sciences. Folks from throughout 20 disciplines are working inside the School. Together with the disciplinary method a really formidable interdisciplinary analysis tradition has been developed.
The school’s analysis and educating focuses on social, financial, political and academic points with the frequent aim of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE presents 4 Bachelor and 15 Grasp levels and a doctoral faculty offering college students with the required information and high- certified expertise to reach their future profession.
The holder of the place might be a member of the Division of Training and Social Work and can handle the event of social coverage and social interventions on a number of ranges – from life programs and communities to the nation-state, area, and the world. Candidates ought to reveal a robust curiosity within the institutional, technological, political, and financial circumstances that form social insurance policies in addition to totally different varieties and fields of intervention. Analysis actions ought to embody at the very least two of the next areas of curiosity: Social safety & care in multicultural, interdependent societies; range & inclusion within the governance and design of social providers & interventions; vulnerability, marginalization & multi-stakeholder communication in welfare state & civil society; up to date points in social coverage debates (e.g. social & racial justice, datafication of social providers and so forth.).
The holder will contribute to conceptual frameworks and theoretical views supplied by the Institute for Social Analysis and Interventions (ISI) inside the School of Humanities, Training and Social Sciences. Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative empirical analysis strategies is anticipated, in addition to a willingness to contribute to the event of progressive analysis methodologies within the context of collaborations between life-world/subject-oriented analysis and analysis on institutional/organizational constructions.
Extra experience in methodologies for the analysis of insurance policies and programmes and for guiding advocacy and organizing in collaboration with numerous communities, and initiatives in cooperation with group leaders and practitioners is advantageous. The holder is anticipated to contribute to educating within the Bachelor en sciences sociales et éducatives and associated Grasp and PhD programmes.
Social coverage; transformation of social providers; civil society and welfare state; welfare reforms and multi- stakeholder communication; theories & methodologies of social and/or academic sciences
The place holder will present important educating for the Bachelor en Sciences Sociales et Éducatives (BSSE), which has not too long ago been reformed with this place in view. Extra educating shall be supplied within the Grasp in Social Sciences and Training (MASSES), and the following consumption (2022) for the Grasp programme Administration and Teaching im Bildungs- und Sozialwesen (MAMACO).
These programmes – all concerned within the on-going transformation of Luxembourg’s academic and social providers – want comparative social coverage experience integrating nationwide, regional, and world views to retain and additional develop their excellence.
What we count on from you…
- PhD in sociology, social work, training or in a associated self-discipline;
- A minimal of three years of post-doctoral expertise acquired in a college, comparable analysis centre, or coverage group;
- Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative empirical analysis strategies;
- Willingness to contribute to the event of progressive analysis methodologies within the context of collaborations between life-world/subject-oriented analysis and analysis on institutional/ organizational constructions;
- Extra experience in methodologies for the analysis of insurance policies and programmes and for guiding advocacy and organizing in collaboration with numerous communities, and initiatives in cooperation with group leaders and practitioners is advantageous;
- An acceptable worldwide analysis profile as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, convention participation, and collaboration in nationwide and/or worldwide analysis and/or coverage initiatives;
- College-level educating expertise on the undergraduate and the postgraduate
The College of Luxembourg is ready in a multilingual context. The individual employed on this place should be proficient in English and both French or German. The College encourages its workers to be taught the opposite language and supplies entry to language programs to this finish.
- Contract Sort: Everlasting
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen beginning date: February 2022
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04254 / F3-090013
Candidates are requested to ship their full software in English ONLY through the next hyperlink:
We guarantee a full consideration for purposes reveived by 8 September 2021
together with the next paperwork:
- cowl letter;
- curriculum vitae together with data on exterior analysis funding acquired;
- copies of diplomas;
- listing of publications;
- copies of current publications (max. 5) related for the sector in query;
- listing of programs taught;
- an inventory of three referees with their identify, handle and current place. Please point out their relationship to you.
to: Prof. Dr. Georg Mein (Dean of the School of Humanities, Training and Social Sciences).
All purposes might be dealt with within the strictest confidence.
The College of Luxembourg is dedicated to attaining gender parity amongst its tutorial workers and goals to remove obstacles to recruitment of feminine professors and their profession improvement. Ought to candidates current equal CVs, choice might be given to feminine candidates in all departments the place gender parity will not be but achieved.
Right here’s what awaits you on the College
- Multilingual and worldwide character. Fashionable establishment with a private environment. Employees coming from 90 international locations. Member of the “College of the Larger Area” (UniGR).
- A contemporary and dynamic college. Excessive-quality tools. Shut ties to the enterprise world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A singular city web site with wonderful infrastructure.
- A accomplice for society and business. Cooperation with European establishments, progressive corporations, the Monetary Centre and with quite a few non-academic companions equivalent to ministries, native governments, associations, NGOs …
Prof. Dr. Boris TRAUE
Phone: (+352) 46 66 44 9945
E mail: email@example.comApply for job