APPLY FOR THE UN Fellowship Programme for Folks of African Descent – Hub for Alternatives
Apply for the UN Human Rights Workplace of the Excessive Commissioner Fellowship Programme for Folks of African Descent
Deadline: 15 July 2021
Fellowship Programme for individuals of African descent
What’s the Fellowship programme?
The Fellowship programme for individuals of African descent is a three-week intensive studying alternative for individuals of African descent, from the diaspora, who’re engaged in selling the rights of individuals of African descent.
It takes place yearly on the Workplace of the Excessive Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva.
The Fellowship programme offers the individuals with the chance to:
- Study and deepen their understanding of the worldwide human rights legislation and the UN human rights system, the worldwide framework to fight racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and associated intolerance, and intersecting points with a deal with individuals of African descent;
- Strengthen abilities in growing mission proposals, delivering displays and submitting data to human rights mechanisms;
- Achieve first-hand publicity to human rights mechanisms;
- Meet with a wide-range of actors.
The Fellowship Programme was initiated by the Anti-Racial Discrimination Part in 2011 and was additional supported by GA decision on Programme of actions for the implementation of the Worldwide Decade for Folks of African Descent (A/RES/69/16). The Excessive Commissioner is the coordinator of the IDPAD.
Objective of the programme
The goal is to strengthen individuals’ abilities to contribute to the safety and promotion of civil, political, financial, social and cultural rights of individuals of African descent of their respective nations. The individuals are outfitted with the instruments vital to boost the event of laws, insurance policies and programmes; to strengthen collaboration of civil society with governments; and to undertake native awareness-raising actions.
Who can apply?
The candidate have to be a person of African descent residing within the Diaspora.
- The candidate will need to have a minimal of 4 years of labor expertise associated to the rights of Folks of African Descent.
- The programme is bilingual in English and French. The candidate must have enough command of one of many two languages to have the ability to take part totally within the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from a company engaged on points associated to Folks of African Descent or minority rights certifying their standing.
- The candidates have to be obtainable to attend the total period of the programme. The chosen fellows might be anticipated to take part in numerous actions and to strictly comply with the programme.
In 2021, the Fellowship might be held from 15 November to three December in Geneva, Switzerland. As a result of COVID-19 pandemic, the three-week coaching might be held on-line this yr.
Methods to Apply?
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR 2021 IS NOW OPEN. DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 15 JULY 2021
Candidates are requested to submit the next paperwork in a single single e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A accomplished, signed and scanned Software Type in a single single doc.
- A Private Assertion (most 500 phrases) wherein the candidate will clarify his/her motivation for making use of, and the way he/she’s going to use the data gained from the fellowship to advertise the pursuits and rights of individuals of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating group or neighborhood certifying the standing
- A replica of the applicant’s passport.
- Please observe that submissions with greater than 5 attachments is not going to be accepted.
Essential: Please point out within the topic header of your e-mail: “Software for the 2021 Fellowship Programme for Folks of African Descent.”
Title the hooked up doc as follows:
LAST NAME First identify – Kind of doc
Instance: SMITH Jacqueline – Software kind.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Private Assertion.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Standing.pdf
SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf
Deadline for Purposes: 15 July 2021.
Choice Course of
The collection of the fellows will replicate gender and regional steadiness. The human rights state of affairs of Folks of African Descent within the respective nations may also be considered.
Please observe, that due to the amount of messages, purposes is not going to be acknowledged. Solely short-listed candidates might be notified.
CLICK HERE to be a part of Campus way of life Updates Whatsapp Group (If you’re already in one in every of our WhatsApp teams, then there isn’t a want to affix)