African Union Innovating Schooling in Africa Expo 2020 (100,000 USD) – Hub for Alternatives
The arrival of COVID-19 has exacerbated challenges in Africa’s schooling system and reinforces the necessity for match for context, modern and scalable options in schooling. DOTSS (Digital connectivity, On-line and offline studying, Academics as facilitators and motivators of studying, Security on-line, and in colleges and Expertise targeted studying.) offers an strategy for reorienting Africa’s schooling and coaching programs to satisfy the data, competencies, expertise, innovation, and creativity required to nurture African core values and promote sustainable growth on the nationwide, sub-regional, and continental ranges as espoused in CESA.
Since its inception in 2018, the Innovating Schooling in Africa Expo has continued to collect momentum and established itself because the main Pan-African occasion selling the adoption of Schooling Improvements in Africa. In mild of the above, the African Union Fee (AUC) and Companions throughout Africa will maintain the third version of Innovating Schooling in Africa Expo as a digital sequence of occasions and actions from October 2020 – June 2021.
Profitable candidates will profit from a number of of the next:
- Obtain money grants as much as 100,000 USD.
- Innovation promoted to coverage makers, buyers, and practitioners throughout the Digital Exhibition Day.
- Take part in entrepreneurship coaching, enterprise incubation and acceleration program in direction of strengthening enterprise mannequin and scaling up of improvements.
- Innovation revealed within the Africa Schooling Improvements Handbook 2020.
- Certificates of Recognition from the African Union Fee.
- Purposes are accepted from entrepreneurs aged between 18-35 years.
Organizations ought to meet the next standards:
- Implementing an schooling innovation in Africa consistent with the “background” and “improvements being sought” outlined within the Name for Submissions.
- Ought to have been a legally registered and operational for not lower than 1 yr.
- Shouldn’t have beforehand awarded within the high 10 classes of the Innovating Schooling in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019.
DEADLINE: September 25, 2020.