2020 Cash Path Grants for African, Asian and European Journalists – Hub for Alternatives
Cash Path, Journalismfund.eu presents working grants for blended groups of African, Asian and European journalists to analyze cross-border illicit monetary flows, tax abuse and corruption in Africa, Asia and Europe. Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no enter or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a complete. This working grants undertaking is a component of a bigger Cash Path undertaking.
Journalismfund.eu (previously often called Fonds Pascal Decroos voor Bijzondere Journalistiek) is an impartial non‐revenue organisation established in 1998 with the aim of stimulating in-depth cross-border journalism in Europe. Journalismfund.eu is devoted to advancing impartial and in-depth journalism throughout Europe that finally serves the general public curiosity, furthers accountability in addition to transparency and contributes to vital pondering and well-informed debate. They administer grants to foster exemplary in-depth journalism all through Europe and to advertise journalistic innovation. Journalismfund.eu’s versatile grants programmes allow journalists to provide related public curiosity tales with a European mindset from worldwide, nationwide, and regional views.
Journalismfund.eu at all times upholds its grantees’ editorial independence and strives for prime journalistic high quality and rigour. The place needed, Journalismfund.eu mentors and gives technical help to investigative groups which have robust concepts however lack expertise and infrastructure for collaborating throughout borders. Furthermore, Journalismfund.eu coordinated and hosted an annual gathering of European investigative and information journalists, the European Investigative Journalism Convention – Dataharvest from 2010 till 2018. At this convention, journalists, information collectors, and different stakeholders from throughout Europe community and generate concepts that usually result in new tales and collaborative tasks. After incubating the convention for 8 years, Journalismfund.eu determined to make it a stand-alone enterprise.
They serve the European group of journalists concerned about growing greatest apply in journalism. Its general goal is to advertise and enhance the career in response to the challenges and alternatives stemming from internationalisation, digitalisation, and altering income fashions. Their actions are made doable via the help it receives from public, non-public, and company funders. It extends its gratitude for the beneficiant and constant help it has obtained from the Adessium Basis, the Open Society Foundations, and the Flemish Authorities.
The full out there quantity per utility spherical is round 50,000 Euro: this quantity is distributed amongst completely different tasks.
- So as to be eligible for utility, the journalists have to make sure that their story will probably be revealed. Subsequently, in the course of the utility process, you have to add the dedication of publication from related media organizations.
- Open to intercontinental journalist groups from Africa, Asia, and Europe;
- Regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia;
- Distinctive proposals from particular person journalists in Africa and Asia whose story consists of an offshore component in a nationwide story – the place the cash path results in a tax haven – will be accepted;
- European journalists planning on making use of should collaborate with an African or Asian journalist;
- Overseas correspondents in Africa or Asia should collaborate with native journalists.
Eligible Areas: Africa, Asia, Europe
- Apply via the given hyperlink.
- 15 June 2020, 4.00 p.m. CET
- 14 September 2020, 4.00 p.m. CET
Software Deadline: September 14, 2020 (4 Days Remaining)